Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Didsbury Toc H 6 - Kirby Lonsdale 15
Your News Didsbury Toc H 6 - Kirby Lonsdale 15

Didsbury Toc H were left to rue several missed chances after they lost 6 15 to visitors Kirby Lonsdale.

The Cumbrian visitors are performing well in the league, but there was an expectancy around the Didsbury camp as Ford Lane saw its first rugby since the floods a month ago.

The game was played in fantastic conditions and this suited both sides who like to get the ball wide to their pace players. Didsbury had the better of the first quarter, with their pack recycling quick ball allowing fly half Keith Quigley to orchestrate the game and pick out runners from midfield. One long miss pass found the ever-aware Pete Davies, who chipped the ball over his opposite winger and the sped towards the touch down. But for once Davies wasnt quite quick enough and the ball was just over the dead ball line when he dived on it, much to the relief of the Kirby defence. Kirby had their own pacey wingers and a clever inside ball found a winger who split the Didsbury defence. Despite good tackling by Batt, the ball found the other Kirby winger who scored in the corner. The conversion was missed, but in that last play Didsbury lost Ian Fennel to a hamstring injury, which will see him missing the next four weeks. Didsbury continued to work hard and the pack had the upper hand in the scrums, just before half time it looked certain Didsbury would score. The ball was recycled quickly and Didsbury had a massive overlap to exploit, but a mix up in midfield saw the ball dropped and the chance went begging.

From the restart Didsbury made ground downfield and were soon on the score sheet with Davies converting a penalty. Kirby arent flying high in the league for no reason, and they demonstrated this by ruthlessly scoring a try on their next visit to Didsburys 22. Several phases saw the Didsbury defence stretched allowing a try under the posts, the conversion was added to make the score 3 12. Rich Bray, who had replaced Fennel in the first half, was looking lively on the wing. Bray chipped ahead and as with Davies in the first half, just as he dived to touch down for a try the ball crossed the dead ball line. Didsbury consoled themselves with the next score, but it was only another penalty by Davies. At 6 12, the game was up for grabs but Kirby closed the game out with a penalty of their own and restricted anymore chances for Didsbury.

Didsbury will be regretting the missed opportunity of vital league points and will have to build on this performance.

Next week Didsbury visit Leigh in the Lancashire Trophy.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching