Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Old Bedians 0 - Hutton 64
Your News Old Bedians 0 - Hutton 64

Hutton returned to action after a 5-week break and ran in 10 tries in a convincing victory at bottom side Old Bedians. The recent bad weather had meant postponement of many games so both sides went into the game lacking match sharpness.

Hutton started the brighter of the two sides, and a succession of penalties allowed the visitors to camp in the Bedians half. Kicks to the corner and subsequent lineouts gave Hutton the platform to score their first try inside the first five minutes. When the pack were held up short, scrum half Jerry Sturgess fed Adam Wood, who crossed in the corner to open the scoring. The second try of the afternoon soon followed from a similar phase of play. With the forwards dominating, a rolling maul from inside the 22 ended with Brad Horton crashing over from close range. Despite the early tries, Hutton were losing ball at the breakdown and were guilty of poor ball retention at times. Despite this, Hutton created further chances to extend their lead. Following pick and drives by the pack, the ball was fed out and looped into the arms of Christian Ash, who found a gaping hole in the visitors defence to score the third try of the afternoon. Ash then added his second try of the game after finding himself on the wing following good ball retention and phases of play from the visitors. Hutton ended the half further in front when a great handling move ended with Stuart Little on hand to collect the offload from Wood who had made the initial break. Tobutt added his fourth conversion of the half to give Hutton a 33-0 lead at the break.

Hutton continued where they left off in the first half, taking the game to Old Bedians and not allowing the home side out of their half. Hutton defended well when necessary and forced turnover ball in the early stages of the second half. The first score of the second half tries arrived firstly from winger Pete Sanderson who cut in well from the left to score under the posts. Quick handling down the blindside saw Mark Worrall add the seventh try when he raced onto Tobutts chip to score in the corner. Bedians rarely threatened and struggled to break the Hutton line throughout the second period. It was a matter of time before Hutton scored again, and after moving the ball across the width of the field, Tom Bailey found himself in space and the number 8 cut through to bring up the 50-point mark. Tobutt added his sixth conversion to take the score up to 52-0. Bedians continued to press but any ball that they secured was kicked away and returned with interest by the visitors. Hutton continued their scoring spree in the final ten minutes with Sanderson adding his second try of the game when he finished off a break on the left wing to touch down in the corner. With time running out, Huttons tenth try of the game came from Ross Horton, who found more space down the blindside to race clear and finish in the corner. Tobutts conversion took the score to 64-0. Despite not being at their best, Hutton showed glimpses of what they are capable of and must look to build on this victory when Bolton visit HQ next weekend.

Tries: C. Ash 2, P. Sanderson 2, A. Wood, B. Horton, S. Little, M. Worrall, T. Bailey, R. Horton

Conv: A. Tobutt 7

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching