Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Broadstreet 20 - Hull 22
Your News Broadstreet 20 - Hull 22

Another lack lustre performance by the home side saw them surrender a 14 point lead and put themselves under pressure in a tight league with only 2 home wins out of 6.

This was after a 30 minute delay in the kick off due to some of the Hull players being caught in traffic on the M1.Street started the brighter and scored after only 2 minutes when Nigel Mukarati on hand in good support, crossed the line after an excellent break by winger Greg Summers. Garry Challis added the conversion.7-0. Street were very much in the ascendancy in the early part of the game and with good pressure in the Hull 22. After a series of scrums street finally crossed the line after 7 minutes. A good pick up from the base of the scrum by number 8 Hersey linking with scrum half Talbot when he slipped the ball to winger Summers at pace their was no stopping him as he scored to the left of the posts. Challis was able to add the conversion. 14-0.

Hull dragged themselves back into the game utilising their big advantage in the pack. After Talbot had been yellow carded in the 19th minute Hull scored their first try of the game. A series of line out catch and drives worked when openside flanker Robert Devonshire crossed the line after 22 minutes. This went un-converted. Hull were now on somewhat of a roll and were rewarded for their pressure after a kick forward into the street 22 saw Wayne lester have his kick charged down and the race to the line was won by Hulls Robert Kitching. The extra points were added by James Cameron.14-12. Just before the break Hull were reduced to 14 men when second row Daniel Cook was sent to the bin for punching.

Half time 14-12

With barely 2 minutes on the clock Hull put themselves into the lead with a penalty from James Cameron in front of the posts. 14-15. Hull were now playing to their strengths and were gifted a try after 51 minutes as some poor defending in the middle of the field let Thomas Allen burst through and go in un-opposed under the posts. Cameron was able to add the conversion. 14-22. Street rallied for a brief period in the after this and were able to add 2 further penalties by Challis on 55 and 58 minutes respectively. This was never going to be enough and Hull held out until the final whistle.

Starman: Hersey(BS)

Referee: E Turnbull

Crowd: 250 Approx

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching