Username Password
join FREE
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Didsbury Toc H 11 - De La Salle 14
Your News Didsbury Toc H 11 - De La Salle 14

t wasnt a game for the squeamish last Saturday, with visitors De La Salle using a number of underhand tactics to win 11 14.

The game was played in decent conditions and the pitch was holding up well after the recent rainfall. Didsbury were desperate to secure the points, to avoid joining their visitors in the relegation dogfight and started well. Didsbury were by far the better scrummaging team, but the lineout didnt quite click in the first half and this limited Didsburys progress down the pitch from the numerous penalties conceded by De La Salle. The Salford visitors tactics were obvious, and they have become quite adept at trying to deliberately injure any player they can. The referee to his credit tried to keep a hold on the match, but he was unsighted for a number of ugly instances. Didsbury lost prop Ames to a deliberate finger in the eye in the first half, which was later diagnosed as a tear on the eyeball. Despite pressure being exerted by Didsbury, the first score of the first half went to De La Salle. They managed to score under the posts, adding the conversion to lead 0-7. Didsbury struck back with two Pete Davies penalties before the break, closing the gap to 6-7.

The second half started much the same as the first, seeing two visiting players sent to the sin bin. From the resulting penalty Didsbury opted for a scrum, and the pack drove over the line for number 8 Chris Mathews to touch down for a try. Davies missed the resulting conversion, but Didsbury had the deserved lead of 11-7. Didsbury failed to make the numerical advantage count and were unable to score whilst the two players were off the pitch. Back to full strength De La Salle scored their second try of the match to regain the lead 11-14. The try was awarded and then the referee red carded a De La Salle player for another altercation in midfield. Didsbury worked hard to get another score, but the chances didnt come in the right areas of the park and a penalty kick, to draw the match, went just wide of the post.

Didsbury go into another important match next week, welcoming Cumbrian outfit Upper Eden to Ford Lane, 3pm kick off. Didsbury will be selecting from a weakened squad due to the fallout from the De La Salle game and a number of players requiring stitches and numerous other injuries.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching