Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Tarleton 3 - Hutton 10
Your News Tarleton 3 - Hutton 10

Hutton made the short trip to Carr Lane to face their biggest rivals in the top-of-the-table encounter which would see a 100% record disappear. Conditions were poor with wind and driving rain but this didnt stop a good crowd gathering for the encounter.

The game began at a frantic pace with Tarleton using the wind to good effect and exerting early pressure on the Hutton line. The visitors defence stood firm for a series of set pieces and gradually began to edge their way back up the field. Having weathered the early storm, Hutton started to play with more confidence and the pack were using their power to dominate matters up front. The backs showed some good handling and were only let down by the final pass at times. A missed penalty from the visitors nearly resulted in the first try of the afternoon; the ball holding up in the wind was collected by Adam Wood, who knocked on over the line. Hutton werent to be denied minutes later as some good handling put Wood into space and he beat the defenders to score in the corner, 5-0, with the conversion missing. Tarletons response was positive, and to the home crowds delight, a penalty made the score 5-3. This is how things remained until half-time, and despite playing into the wind, Hutton turned around with a slender advantage.

The second half began at a high tempo and despite the conditions, both sides handling was secure. The youthful home side tackled everything that came at them, and Hutton were made to work hard for territory and scoring opportunities. Hutton extended their lead halfway through the half after a sustained period of pressure on the Tarleton line. Following a kick to the corner, the subsequent line-out was won by the forwards, the ball was spun out to Adam Wood who registered his second try of the game when crossing in the corner. The conversion missed to leave Hutton with a 10-3 lead. Despite their best efforts, the home side couldnt breach Huttons well-marshalled defence. Tarletons defence also had to be strong to deny Huttons late attacks, and the full time whistle drew to an end what was a high quality game despite the conditions. Both sides played the game in great spirit and the return fixture at HQ promises to be another well contested game.

With a free weekend next Saturday, Hutton return to action on 8th November with a home game against Windermere.

Tries: A. Woo

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching