Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Exeter Chiefs 71 - Sedgley Tigers 5
Your News Exeter Chiefs 71 - Sedgley Tigers 5

THE Tigers suffered a battering down in Devon from both the wind and the title-chasing Chiefs, who ran in 11 tries, with Rich Tafas 36th minute touchdown the Tigers only reply

Alan Miller opened the scoring on seven minutes, with Danny Gray adding the extras. Then, direct from the restart, Sean Marsden raced to the posts to give Gray the easiest of conversions.

The Chiefs used the strong wind wisely, while the Tigers struggled to take the right options and it was Chiefs top try scorer Josh Drauniniu who was next to score when he left his markers for dead to gallop to the Tigers posts where Gray converted.

Two more tries inside 60 seconds form Sam Blythe and a second for Marsden all goaled by Gray guaranteed the Chiefs the bonus point.

Kevin Barrett then darted over followed by Grays sixth conversion which made it 42-0 with just 32 minutes gone.

Two minutes later the Tigers finally showed what they could do given half a chance. Chris Wilkinson combined well with debutant Mark Atkinson, on loan from Sale Sharks, to send the Tigers down the let-hand channel.

Chris Hall and Matt Riley then created space for Tafa and the Tongan joined the attack at speed to power through the Chiefs defence to put the Tigers on the scoreboard.

But Ben Moon then grabbed the Chiefs seventh touchdown to send them into the break 47-5 in front.

In the second half the Tigers went looking for three more tries to claim at least a bonus point, but were unable to exploit the advantage given by the wind.

Extra muscle was injected up front with the introduction of Juan Crous and Sam Woods, while in the backs new signing Josh Weeden was given his debut in the centre.

Yet despite all their efforts they couldnt stop Jess running in a hat-trick of tries inside 22 minutes to stretch the Chiefs lead to 66-5.

It was then Gray who ended their agony with the final try of the game on 76 minutes to round off as thoroughly miserable afternoon for the Tigers.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching